Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Lushious Lunch

Sometimes food is so delicious I just have to share. Also, I'd like to take the opportunity to thank both Kate and Erin and our beautiful garden for allowing me to make such a beautiful lunch with ease.

Here's what I consumed today while typing up fact sheets about ticks, mites, and scorpions:

My favorite sandwich: mayo, fresh garden lettuce, sharp cheddar cheese, wheat bread. It sounds almost too simple, but is completely delicious. You can make it with grocery store lettuce but it just won't taste quite as good.

Asian cabbage slaw left over from the dinner I made last night: shredded purple cabbage, grated carrot, diced green onion, chopped cilantro, and toasted, slivered almonds. The dressing is mayo, soy sauce, cider vinegar, sugar, ground ginger, and hot sauce. Yum.

Grapes for dessert.

There's something about fresh flavors that made this lunch totally blow my mind.

1 comment:

  1. You're quite welcome. :-) Glad you enjoy it. Don't you want to take a whole bucketfull of snap peas for lunch tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete