Sunday, December 13, 2009

Confession:

I have become a terrible blogger. This fact has slowly crept up on me, and I am now fully ready to acknowledge it. I love reading blogs, and I could probably do it multiple hours a day. I like reading well crafted and interesting posts...and I used to like creating them myself. Recently, I've been happy to let that slide, and I'm not sure why. So, I decided to let my mind wander and ramble until bed time.

Today was a good day. It started off with orange juice and cereal with almond milk while reading blogs, which is a pretty standard way for me to start my day. I wore a new sweater to church (which is a story in itself--it was given to me for free by one of my summer camper's moms this past summer), and we got there 10 minutes before the service started to encounter a packed house! Today was the children's Christmas program, which means that we got to watch a literal host of angels, the cutest Mary & Joseph, and 4 narrators in very jaunty attire: 1 santa hat, 1 tan fedora, and 1 classy purple velvet dress with sash (these 8 year olds have better style than me!). We got through the donut line early enough to have cake donuts (obviously the most popular ones).

I had leftover lentil soup with a cheese quesadilla for lunch, and shared an apple. (cut into slices, which is really the only way to eat an apple, in my mind. Old habits from having braces die hard.) We ordered some Christmas presents, bought bus tickets for our upcoming Christmas travels, and then went to do laundry. (All I want for Christmas is on-site laundry at my apartment!) Eh, it's not too bad, since we generally do it at our old house and get to chat with old housemates. Upon returning home, I called my parents and chatted for awhile. James made pflinzen for dinner (Russian pancakes, which are the same as crepes), and I indulged in crepes with cream cheese and blueberry jam. Spent the evening getting stuff ready for tomorrow and packaging the mint chocolate cookies I made for the cookie exchange at work. I'm excited to see what kinds I'll come home with!

I can't believe there's only one more work week between me and a 2-week Christmas break that I feel so lucky to have. While tomorrow is a hectic day of back to back meetings and leading a new presentation for our visitors I've never taught before....it's my last Monday at work for two weeks! :) I am also chipper because after a week of sub-zero temperatures, highs were in the 40s for the past two days--amazing what a difference that makes.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely day, and I can totally identify with your tendency to want to read blogs instead of write them. I do a lot of that myself :)

    ReplyDelete