Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A List

Update on Monday: while packing my lunch I managed to slice right through my thumbnail instead of slicing through the homemade bread I was attempting to pack. Now I am wearing a giant bandaid on my thumb. It was a true Monday after all. :)

For today's entertainment, it is late and I need to go to bed, so you get a list:

Actual topics our 4th grade students are researching for a non-fiction feature article (some humorous, some quite thoughtful):
  • Did dinosaurs that looked like dragons exist?
  • Elephant killing
  • How fast can the Denver Nuggets run?
  • Gang violence in Mexico
  • The history of Halloween
  • BMX biking
  • Famous pranksters and hoaxes
  • How to discover a new planet
Things I do that impress my students that I don't find impressive:
  • Attached hooks to the computer monitors so I could hang headphones from them. I literally made several 3rd grade girls' days with this simple feat.
  • Rattled off a 3rd grader's full name, hyphenated last name and all.
  • Type very fast without looking at the keys

No comments:

Post a Comment