For today's entertainment, it is late and I need to go to bed, so you get a list:
Actual topics our 4th grade students are researching for a non-fiction feature article (some humorous, some quite thoughtful):
- Did dinosaurs that looked like dragons exist?
- Elephant killing
- How fast can the Denver Nuggets run?
- Gang violence in Mexico
- The history of Halloween
- BMX biking
- Famous pranksters and hoaxes
- How to discover a new planet
- Attached hooks to the computer monitors so I could hang headphones from them. I literally made several 3rd grade girls' days with this simple feat.
- Rattled off a 3rd grader's full name, hyphenated last name and all.
- Type very fast without looking at the keys